Part of the series Building Skills.
Basic Building and Construction Skills, 6e is one of four titles in the Building Skills series. This market-leading text provides underpinning knowledge and skills for apprentices to work safely, efficiently and prolifically in the building and construction industry.
Mapped to the latest CPC Training Package, Basic Building and Construction Skills, 6e combines standard industry practice with the newest industry technology, tools and benchmarks. Includes updated end-of-section worksheets, updated content, images and photos, and a robust instructor support package. Fully updated to reflect present day building practices, standards and legislation, with a strong focus on sustainability.
The bestselling Building Skills series addresses the key competencies of the Certificate III in Carpentry. Series titles are built for learning with colour photographs and illustrations, online tools, and concepts explored in context to help student understanding. Work Health and Safety (WHS) icons identify critical points for concern and student activities help them apply the knowledge and skills. The Worksheets at the end of each chapter are a resource for teachers and trainers to provide formative assessment and feedback on learner progression.
Premium online teaching and learning tools are available on the MindTap platform. Learn more about the online tools cengage.com.au/mindtap
PART 1- BASIC WORKPLACE SKILLS
- Unit 1 – Apply WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- Unit 2 – Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- Unit 3 – Plan and organise work
- Unit 4 – Conduct workplace communication
PART 2 - SETTING OUT
- Unit 5 – Carry out measurements and calculations
- Unit 6 – Read and interpret plans and specifications
PART 3 - USING MATERIALS AND TOOLS
- Unit 7 – Handle carpentry and construction materials
- Unit 8 – Use carpentry and construction tools and equipment
PART 4 - SITE WORKS
- Unit 9 – Apply basic levelling
|Product Type||Student Books,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.