Written for SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management, Hospitality Management, 4e covers all 13 core units plus seven electives. Each chapter is written to a unit of competency and maintains the volume of learning of previous editions, with relevant and easy-to-understand information including Australian examples and references.
Structured in three parts, the text covers the knowledge and skills required of frontline supervisors, managerial topics, and business strategy content. The ‘Industry viewpoint’ at the start of each chapter introduces students to current issues and themes in the hospitality industry, and numerous pedagogical features, examples and illustrations have been included throughout the text to help students engage with the material and extend their understanding. Each chapter includes activities for discussion and debate, with assessment activities requiring the understanding, application and analysis of case studies. Each section concludes with an integrated case study and weblinks to useful industry resources.
PART 1. SUPERVISORY
- Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- Enhance customer service experiences
- Monitor work operations
- Implement and monitor work health safety
- Manage finances within a budget
- Lead and manage people
PART 2. MANAGERIAL
- Develop and manage quality customer service
- Manage operational plan
- Prepare and monitor budgets
- Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- Establish and conduct business relationships
- Roster staff
- Manage diversity in the workplace
- Manage conflict and crisis
PART 3. STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
- Develop and implement a business plan
- Develop and implement marketing strategies
- Manage finances
- Manage physical assets
- Recruit, select and induct staff
- Monitor staff performance
- Establish and maintain a work health safety system
|Product Type||Student Books,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.