Approach to Automotive has been adapted for schools from the classic Automotive Mechanics by Ed May and Les Simpson. Incorporating up-to-date material from the completely revised eighth edition, it addresses the majority of the essential components of the VET schools program as aligned with the National Training Package AUR05. Approach to Automotive features all the successful features of the larger text, including chapter overviews, clearly indicated learning objectives, end-of-chapter review questions, an abundance of figures and illustrations, and a glossary of technical terms.
Approach to Automotive covers:
- The basics of the industry in Australia and New Zealand
- Workshop practices
- Measuring and checking
- Friction and bearings
- Seals, gaskets and sealants
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting.
Most importantly, Approach to Automotive follows the new eighth edition of the larger text in incorporating, for the first time, full-colour graphics and photos which offer, along with the clear and accessible layout, a new experience in ease of use.
- Written specifically for the VET in Schools program, aligned to the AUR05 Automotive Industry Retail, Service and Repair Training Package.
- Fully Australian content and safety standards.
- Safety tips and handy hints throughout the book broaden students' knowledge in each subject area and offer practical advice.
- Engaging full-colour graphics and photographs enrich the learning experience.
- Spiral binding allows for ease of use and PVC cover protects the binding.
- Ch. 1. Motor vehicle components
- Ch. 2. Workshop safety
- Ch. 3. Workshop practices
- Ch. 5. Measuring and checking
- Ch. 6. Friction and bearings
- Ch. 7. Seals, gaskets and sealants
- Ch. 8. The battery
- Ch. 9. The environment and the automotive service industry
- Appendix: The SI system of measurement
Approach to Automotive has been adapted for schools from the classic Automotive Mechanics by Ed May and Les Simpson. Automotive Mechanics - 8th Edition covers principles, applications and general servicing requirements that relate to passenger and light commercial vehicles. With full-colour illustrations and photographs, this new edition provides thorough coverage of the most relevant developments in the Australian automotive industry.
View Automotive Mechanics
|Product Type||Student Books,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.