Part of the series Office Skills: A Practical Approach - 5th Edition.
The 5th edition of Office Skills: A Practical Approach has been thoroughly revised and updated to address common and specialist administration units in the Business Services (BSB07) Training Package. This comprehensive text has been completely restructured to align with the new BSB07 competencies. The text has been split into three books to cover the different levels of TAFE and VET in schools certifications for Business and Business Administration.
- Book 1 covers elective and core units of Certificate I in Business
- Book 2 covers elective and core units of Certificate II in Business
- Book 3 covers elective and core units of Certificate III in Business
Workbook activities are now integrated within the main text and include Knowledge Questions throughout the book, as well as practical work tasks on perforated pages at the end of each chapter.
- Aligned to new BSB07 training package each chapter is mapped to the relevant competency
- Workbook activities integrated within text
- ‘Real life’ examples and case studies allow students to reinforce their understanding of the material covered throughout the text
- An abundance of diagrams and tables to aid visual learners
View Sample Pages
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 BSBWOR203A Work effectively with others
- Chapter 2 BSBINN201A Contribute to workplace innovation
- Chapter 3 BSBCUS201A Deliver a service to customers
- Chapter 4 BSBINM201A Process and maintain workplace information
- Chapter 5 BSBINM202A Handle mail
- Chapter 6 BSBITU203A Communicate electronically
- Chapter 7 BSBITU201A Produce simple word processed documents
- Chapter 8 BSBITU202A Create and use spreadsheets
- Chapter 9 BSBWOR204A Use business technology
- Chapter 10 BSBCMM201A Communicate in the workplace
- Chapter 11 BSBOHS201A Participate in OHS processes (Core unit)
About the Authors
Margaret has extensive teaching and industry experience, both in Australia and internationally. Most recently, she taught office skills at Holmesglen TAFE in Victoria, where she was in charge of the office administration curriculum for all business students in the Administrative Studies department. She set up a virtual office consisting of all the sections you would find in a modern office, complete with relevant equipment. In this setting, students used ‘hands-on’ training and role-play techniques to develop all the skills that are used in a real office, and which are outlined in this book. Margaret has held previous teaching positions in office administration at Alice Springs High School, and polytechnics and colleges internationally. Previous to teaching, Margaret held different position levels at many types of companies, in wide spheres of business and in different countries. These included: administrative coordinator with a large insurance company in Melbourne; personal assistant to an accountant on a tobacco plantation in Papua New Guinea (an international organisation); relief secretary for many different types of businesses in the city of Nairobi in Kenya, Africa; personal assistant to the manager of a national bank in the United Kingdom and the World Bank in Nairobi; personal assistant to the managing director and owner of a textile company, with seven subsidiary companies, in the United Kingdom. Margaret has tried, in the chapters of this book, to pass on to students the experiences she gained in these many diversified office positions. Margaret holds a Bachelor of Business (Administration) from Monash University, Melbourne.
Sharon has been teaching for TAFE NSW Northern Sydney Institute in the Office Administration and Technology Section for nearly 10 years. Prior to teaching, Sharon was a corporate accountant for CSR Ltd where she held various positions including factory accountant and internal auditor. During her time with CSR Ltd, Sharon worked in such diverse businesses as coal mines and sugar mills, the building industry and finally corporate accounting. Sharon holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Queensland and is also a CPA. Sharon finds teaching to be an immensely rewarding career. In the chapters Sharon has written, her hope is that her business and teaching experiences combine to provide the student with a clear path through the financial maze of the modern office environment.
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Author(s)||Margaret Horsfall and Sharon Turner|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.