Clinical Placement Manual is an exciting new resource that facilitates delivery of learning for the Diploma of Nursing. This text is a student reference manual, reviewing key theory and skills they’ll need, and explaining what they’ll experience during their field placement.
Written to the training package, learning objectives and clinical skills are covered, and activities, assessments and materials you need are provided for each unit. The text is a resource for students to use pre-placement and on placement, organised by parts corresponding to common placements. Chapters within the placement parts encompass the core and additional units of the Diploma of Nursing. The chapters open with a vignette detailing real-world experience and contain cases and activities that anchor the student in the work environment – the linking of theory to practice.
Cross referencing is included, and Clinical Placement for Diploma of Nursing can be value-packed with Tollefson et al Essential Clinical Skills 4e and Gray & Ferris: Foundations of Nursing 2e to create a complete reference package for trainees. An optional Work Experience Tool and Logbook completes the package for institutions. Available in Word as a separate one-time institutional licence to allow you to edit and customise the templates, these tools are designed to support your institution’s unique clinical placement experience and assessment strategy for Diploma of Nursing. Talk to your Cengage learning consultant about the Work Experience Tool for your course.
- Each chapter has been written to the training package; learning objectives and clinical skills are covered making it fully transparent for mapping and course delivery
- Layout suits course progression and clinical placement blocks - order of coverage follows block delivery
- Skills highlighted for reference to Tollefson's Essential Clinical Skills, 4e; referenced to Clarke/Gray's Foundations of Nursing, 4e - a full support package for trainee nurses. Value-packs available!
- Case studies and tips from nurses and students in clinical settings; opening vignettes and cases - contextualise the theory in practice
PART 1. CLINICAL PLACEMENT AGED CARE
- Safe work practices for direct client care
- Infection prevention and control
- Care of the older person
- Legal and ethical parameters for nursing practice
- Clinical assessment and planning nursing care
- Communication skills in nursing practice
- Physical health status
- Nursing within the Australian health care system
- Working with diverse people
PART 2. CLINICAL PLACEMENT PALLIATIVE
- A palliative approach to nursing practice
PART 3. CLINICAL PLACEMENT REHABILITATION/SUBACUTE
- Client health information
- Nursing care for a person with complex needs
- Principles of wound management
- Nursing care plans
- Improving professional practice
- Care for a person with chronic health problems
- Researching and applying evidence to practice
- Care for a person with diabetes
PART 4. CLINICAL PLACEMENT MENTAL HEALTH
- Care for a person with mental health conditions
PART 5. CLINICAL PLACEMENT ACUTE
- Medicines and intravenous therapy
- Care for a person with acute health problems
PART 6. CLINICAL PLACEMENT COMMUNITY
- Nursing practice in the primary health care setting
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander health care
- Improving clinical practice
PART 7. CLINICAL PLACEMENT MATERNITY
- Maternal and infant health care
|Product Type||Student Books,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.