Developing Communities for the Future provides a comprehensive introduction to the theory, processes and practices of community development. It offers insights into the challenges and dilemmas of this demanding field and considers the ways in which it can empower citizens. Engaging case studies illustrate how community development practitioners operate in everyday situations.
This new edition highlights cutting-edge issues and new technologies that are influencing practice. It demonstrates the dynamic nature of the field and how practitioners can help communities respond to the current challenges they face.
- Case studies throughout demonstrate the practices of community development in real-life situations.
- Chapter Overviews give you a quick snapshot of the material you are about to cover.
- Summary points and list of key terms at the end of chapters are a great study tool for reviewing the content.
- End-of-chapter exercises help you to consolidate your knowledge and reflect on what you have learned.
- Recommended weblinks point you towards reputable sources for further information.
- A companion website contains resources to help students revise the chapters and explore topics further, including quizzes, online research activities and weblinks.
Part 1: Background and basics
- The nature of community development
- The context
- Theoretical perspectives and concepts
- The role of the state
Part 2: Processes and practices
- Practical foundations
- Community organisations
- Activities and practices
- Understanding and responding to difference
- Funding and research
Part 3: Key issues in community development today
- Difficulties and dilemmas
- Challenges and opportunities for the twenty-first century
|Product Type||Student Books,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.