Part of the series Oxford University Press - Teacher Education.
Teach your students practice-based strategies from local voices and perspectives.
Learning and Teaching in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education, fourth edition, is designed to equip pre-service teachers with strategies to help improve learning outcomes of students, and demonstrates strategies on how to include Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives and voices in their teaching. The text ‘keeps things local’ and works closely with the local community to deliver a successful teaching and learning experience in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander education.
This new edition has been revised to address the increased focus on teaching reading and writing, new ways of embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander knowledge in the curriculum, and how to monitor and support the emotional health and wellbeing of students. It includes case studies, examples and a range of voices and personal stories from students, pre-service teachers and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members to convey the richness and diversity of Australian classrooms.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Chapter 5: Teaching reading and writing with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children
- Chapter 6: Trauma-aware schooling practices for supporting students
- Chapter 7: Ways of teaching Traditional Knowledge
- Chapter 8: Building community partnerships
New case studies from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and teachers that show how topics such as language awareness and student engagement are implemented in real classrooms and communities.
An expanded focus on Learning from Country, including suggestions for suitable videos and assignments.
1. Beginning teachers in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
2. Our shared Australian story
3. Teaching about the Stolen Generations
4. Strategies for teaching Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
5. Teaching reading and writing with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children by Denise Angelo
6. Trauma-aware schooling practices for supporting students by Deborah Costa
7. Ways of teaching Traditional Knowledges by Vincent Backhaus and Jan D. Vermunt
8. Building community partnerships
9. Learning from Country.
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Author(s)||Neil Harrison, Juanita Sellwood|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.