Part of the series Oxford University Press - Teacher Education.
Grammar Matters introduces pre-service teachers to the foundations of grammar. Designed to develop knowledge gradually and build confidence, each chapter covers key concepts in straightforward yet accessible style, allowing readers to master an aspect of grammar or punctuation before building on this with the next topic.
Grammar Matters provides solid coverage of the parts of speech, phrases, clauses and punctuation, and equips pre-service teachers with a range of skills and strategies to apply to their own writing and future classroom teaching.
- Written specifically for teacher education students, to engage them in teaching and learning grammar.
- ‘Try it’ practical exercises and revision questions to test readers' knowledge and progress of key concepts.
- ‘Hot Tips’ offer handy grammar hints and ‘In context' focuses on grammatical issues that many students struggle with.
Part 1: Parts of Speech and Rules of Grammar
- The Noun
- The Pronoun
- The Apostrophe: Not a Part of Speech
- The Preposition
- The Adjective
- The Article
- The Connective
- The Interjection
- The Verb
- The Adverb
- End of Part 1: Revision
Part 2: Phrases, Clauses, Sentences and their Punctuation
- Phrases, Clauses and Sentences
- Types of Phrases and Clauses
- References and Further Reading
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.