Part of the series Oxford University Press - Teacher Education.
Classroom Management: Engaging Students in Learning focuses on what teachers can do to create quality learning environments with their students. This new edition addresses the seven Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) teacher standards which pre-service teachers need to meet.
The Positive Learning Framework (PLF) described in this text demonstrates effective instructional strategies that engage students in learning as well as developing the skills needed to positively respond to misbehaviour and de-escalate conflict. This PLF model is commonly used and easily adaptable providing pre-service teachers with a tool they can take into the classroom.
New to This Edition
- Addresses the seven AITSL teacher standards
- New content on neuroscience, trauma, and digital technologies
- New Teacher in Focus case studies explore key themes of the text including re-engaging disengaged learners, developing responsible and independent students, teaching for impact, and connecting with students
- Margin notes highlight important concepts to help with revision and essay writing.
- The Positive Learning Framework in the Classroom
- Connecting with Students
- Frameworks to View Student Behaviour
- Teaching for Impact
- Developing Responsible and Independent Students
- Re-engaging the Disengaged Learner
- Cultural Competency and Classroom Management (Authored by Matt Byrne and Graeme Gower)
- The Effective Teacher’s Learning Journey
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.