Part of the series Oxford University Press - Teacher Education.
Essential Academic Skills encourages and supports students to develop their skills to become the best learners they can be. It takes a step-by-step approach to the essential skills required to complete a university degree and provides comprehensive learning support through examples and activities.
- A step-by-step approach to the core skills of finding sources, reading, writing, listening, speaking and researching within a university context.
- Complete instructions on how to avoid plagiarism, and enhance the use of sources, through paraphrasing, quotation, summary, in-text citations and reference lists.
- Comprehensive coverage of the essential assessment skills needed for success at university – academic essays, reports, case studies, reflective essays, presentations, group work, examinations, and primary research.
- Academic language support relevant to all university study and specific for each skill
- Appropriate academic examples provided for each step in the skill learning process.
- Useful in-book and online activities for students.
New to this edition:
- New Chapter 2 Academic Language Support
- Chapters 4 Reading in an Academic Context and 5 Basic Academic Writing Skills have been significantly updated to cover the new technological possibilities in searching and referencing and to incorporate the latest version of the APA style (APA 6th)
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Author(s)||Kathy Turner, Lynette Ireland, Brenda Krenus, Leigh Pointon|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.