Cambridge Humanities and Social Sciences for Queensland: Year 8 - Student Book (Print & Digital)
Part of the series Cambridge Humanities and Social Sciences for Queensland.
Supporting teachers in delivering engaging, local content to guide and encourage their Year 7 to 10 students as they explore the shaping of the modern world and the various challenges faced by humanity today.
Engaging resources with an inquiry approach.
- Specifically written for Queensland and drawing on local content and examples in each topic ensures Queensland students can relate to and genuinely connect with each subject.
- The source-based inquiry approach addresses the Key Inquiry questions from the Australian Curriculum and along with the consistent use of cognitive verbs in each year level, prepares students for QCE senior studies.
- For History topics, this series emphasises historical sources over narrative content, developing inquiry skills as they progress through the year levels. Geography, Economics & Business and Civics & Citizenship sections include focus questions with an inquiry approach.
- Students will be engaged in the content through fascinating chapter openers, timelines of key events, a visually appealing design, carefully chosen language, an extensive range of sources plus integrated, rich digital resources that bring each topic to life.
- Skills and concepts are integrated throughout the chapters in a wide range of activities that help students make the connection between the skill and the subject matter and allow teachers to differentiate learning to suit the needs of individual students.
- Extensive teacher support is provided by the experienced and passionate Queensland authors - particularly in areas often taught by non-specialist teachers. Resources include a range of activity types to support differentiation, modern pedagogical practices such as Visible Thinking Routines, a host of downloadable resources such as worksheets (including answers) and teaching programs, and a powerful Learning Management System to monitor student progress.
|Publisher||Cambridge University Press|
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 8,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.