Part of the series Project X Hero Academy.
This Project X Hero Academy mixed pack includes one copy of each of the six books below.
- Series: Hero Academy
- Oxford Literacy Level: 5
- Letters and Sounds Phase: 5
- Year: Year 1
This ISBN includes:
- Hero Academy: Oxford Level 5, Monster Sprouts
- Hero Academy: Oxford Level 5, Ben to the Rescue
- Hero Academy: Oxford Level 5, Stuck to the Ice
- Hero Academy: Oxford Level 5, The Boostertron
- Hero Academy: Oxford Level 5, The Super Glooper
- Hero Academy: Oxford Level 5, Attack of the Robot Bunnies
Project X Hero Academy is a new series designed to motivate young readers and turn them into reading superheroes. Perfect for guided, independent and one-to-one reading, Hero Academy will motivate all your students to read.
Hero Academy is a school where anything can and does happen! Join the students as they learn to control their powers, battle with baddies, and help protect their school and Lexis City.
Hero Academy is comprised of 78 inspirational fiction books that are fully decodable and matched to Letters and Sounds phonics sequence. The fine phonic progression ensures that all children can access the series as they embed their whole-class phonic teaching.
- 78 fully decodable and exciting student books designed to motivate all students
- 2 Companion texts that accompany the series that provide perfect stimulus for writing and help prompt class discussion
- fully decodable with a fine phonic progression in line with the Letters and Sounds phonics sequence
- free teaching resources on Oxford Owl including guided reading notes for every student book.
Decodable Student Books
78 finely levelled fiction books, mathed to the Letters and Sounds phonic sequence. The student books are fully decodable and designed to motivate all students to become reading superheroes. This exciting series is finely levelled, features engaging superhero and villain characters and includes guided reading notes for every title. Each story can be used independently, one-to-one or in guided reading sessions.
Companions provide perfect stimuli for writing and help prompt class discussion. The activities develop a picture of the Hero Academy world and include fun facts about the characters, comic strips, poems, jokes, design activities, mazes, counting and spotting activities.
Free teacher resources are available on Oxford Owl. Teachers have access to guided reading notes for every title, activities that support reading and writing skill development, tips for engaging parents and carers, a phonics and vocabulary overview and more. Features:
- a guide to progression with Oxford Levels
- guided reading notes for each title in the Hero Academy series
- guidance for teachers that cover the reading process, activities to support reading (and writing), feedback on reading, engaging students and carers, phonic skills and knowledge progress check
- activity sheets and BLMs for use in class
- templates for Hero Academy name badges, superhero masks, superhero puppets, and bookmarks.
Meet the heroes - Hero profiles feature at the start of each story so readers can identify which characters will appear in the story and the special power they use against the villains.
Meet the villains - Villain profiles provide background information on the series villains including their appearance, catchphrase, hobby, likes, dislikes and a warning about their villainous powers.
Retell the story - Retell pages help students develop comprehension skills such as determining importance, visualising, and monitoring comprehension.
Oxford-levelled books have helped millions of students all over the world learn to read and to love reading.
At Oxford, we use an expertly developed and well-established system for levelling our books, which has been used to develop many of our popular and well-loved series including Hero Academy.
We’ve finely graded our books so you can accurately match children to the right book. With the help of expert authors our levelled books hook children of different ages into reading, capture their imaginations, and make them think.
Letters and Sounds Phonics Sequence
Hero Academy is fully decodable with a fine phonic progression in line with the Letters and Sounds phonics sequence. This supportive phonics framework ensures the series is accessible to all students.
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Readers & Literacy,|
|Year Level||Year 1,|
|Author(s)||Paul Stewart & Chris Riddell|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.