Part of the series Achieve! History.
Achieve! History - World War I Book 1 is specifically designed to assist teachers to implement the Australian Curriculum for History, Year 9. Historical and literacy skills are developed through interpreting primary sources, such as photographs and songs, and secondary sources. Students develop skills in generating historical questions and communicating in different forms.
World War I Book 1 looks at the causes of the war, the main events, and studies the effect of the war on Australians.
The book explores:
- Key historical concepts, such as nationalism, alliances, militarism and imperialism
- Different perspectives on Australia's involvement in the war
- The conscription debate, places where the war was fought and the use of propaganda • the creation of the ANZAC spirit
This book includes a CD-ROM containing editable files of all the pages of the book and selected illustrations. These files can be printed for classroom work and amended to suit the specific needs of your students.
How to use editable work sheets and illustrations demo:
Key features of the Achieve! History series:
- Suitable for secondary students who have low-level literacy skills and require modified classroom activities
- Mature-look page layout and illustrations
- Topics that will interest teenagers
- An emphasis on literacy skills
- Clear learning objectives Starter activities, background topic information and ideas for summarising a lesson
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 9,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.