Senior frontline carers – both in HACC and residential settings – are central to making ageing a positive and largely self-managed experience. This training manual seeks to target the advanced care and frontline leadership skills of senior carers. In doing so it reflects the Community Services Training Package competencies for the Certificate IV level award for aged care work.
The Experienced Carer 2e covers all of the compulsory competencies, plus the most popular electives from the new CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support qualification, as well as CHC40108 Certificate IV in Aged Care.
This new edition now includes learning content on Home and Community Care (HACC) in this context.
- Learning objectives for each chapter to reflect competency coverage
- Case studies and activities at the end of each chapter to reinforce key topics
- “In Practice” vignettes scattered throughout featuring 3 characters from different cultural backgrounds and age groups to enhance their relatability and make the text more relevant to the students
- Real evacuation scenario – NSW bushfires 2013, illustrating evacuation over a large region
Part 1: Clients with complex needs
1. Introducing the experienced carer
2. Major aged care and HACC client groups
3. The older person with complex care needs: common chronic conditions
4. The older person with complex care needs: dementia
Part 2: Applying advanced care skills
5. Your role in confirming the clients physical health status
6. Your role in applying advanced care skills
7. Your role in medications
8. Your role in palliative care
Part 3: Responding to the aged care operational environment
9. Service delivery planning and monitoring in aged care and community services
10. Administrative and information system requirements for frontline aged care managers
11. The legal and ethical context of aged care and HACC services
Part 4: Coordinating and managing the aged care effort
12. Your role as the leader and mentor of a team
13. Your role in dealing with emergencies
14. Your role in contributing to a safe work environment
Appendix 1: Basic anatomy and physiology
Appendix 2: WHS foundations
Appendix 3: Websites
|Product Type||Student Books,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.