The third edition of The Disability Support Worker meets the needs of people who adopt a person-centred approach in their work. The wholly Australian text includes information about the National Disability Insurance Scheme, and other required reforms consistent with the United Nations convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities.
This text supports training and skills development for the CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability. Revisions for this edition reflect changes to the training package, particularly upgrading competencies dealing with individualised support, empowerment and facilitation consistent with a strengths-based approach.
Table of Contents
- 1 Managing legal and ethical compliance
- 2 Providing advocacy and representation services
- 3 Working with diverse people
- 4 Following safe work practices for direct client care
- 5 Recognising healthy body systems
- 6 Communicating using augmentative and alternative communication strategies
- 7 Facilitating the empowering people with disabilities
- 8 Developing and providing person-centred service responses
- 9 Facilitating ongoing skills development using a person-centred approach
- 10 Providing individualised support
- 11 Following established person-centred behaviour supports
- 12 Providing person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs
- 13 Meeting personal support needs
- 14 Facilitating the empowerment of older people
- 15 Supporting individuals with autism spectrum disorder
- 16 Facilitating community participation and inclusion
|Product Type||Student Books,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.