Part of the series Primary Maths - Teacher Resource Books.
Primary Maths breathes life into the Australian Curriculum by providing a series of mathematics activities that encourage students to think about situations and problems, talk to others about their ideas and develop their own strategies as confident learners. Primary Maths is based on the philosophy that students learn mathematical skills and concepts in everyday life as they interact with their environment and the people around them.
Primary Maths Teacher Resource Book
The Primary Maths Teacher Resource Book provides a wealth of information and ideas that can be used as a foundation for the year's work or as best suits your needs. The attractive, easy-to-use format is flexible enough to suit all primary classrooms and provides inspiration to help you develop your own activities. Each Primary Maths Teacher Resource Book has been carefully planned into 36 units of work, focusing on one substrand per week for deep and focused learning. The concise, yet comprehensive, lesson notes suggest a sequence for learning. Page references to the Student Activity Books and Practice & Homework Books are provided alongside these notes for easy reference. The program includes ideas to introduce each lesson and ways to relate to everyday contexts. The suggested activities support learners of all abilities, and over 70 blackline masters and assessment pages are included in each book. The Primary Maths Teacher Resource Book completely covers the suggested content of the Australian curriculum and also includes some additional topics that help introduce and extend mathematical concepts. Along with the three content strands (Number and Algebra, Measurement and Geometry, and Statistics and Probability), the four proficiency strands of the Australian curriculum are clearly listed and defined. While the proficiency strands are interrelated, clearly defining four separate strands helps you to think about what resources you might use in your classes.
• Contains a yearly program, structured in 36 units of work with a suggested teaching sequence and detailed learning activities, offering teachers full and continuous support.
• Each unit includes ideas to introduce and reflect on each lesson, tasks to support learners and teaching tips saving preparation time.
• Provides a practical interpretation of the new content strands, content descriptors, elaborations and achievement standards, the result is a reliable teaching structure and sequence that can be taught confidently with the minimum of preparation.
• All activities are classified according to the four proficiency strands of the Australian Curriculum, enabling teachers to easily offer a range of questions that emphasise different proficiencies.
• Attention has been paid to problem-solving and reasoning questions to promote students' logical and analytical thought processes, enabling them to employ creative mathematical strategies in a wide range of contexts and to achieve a deeper understanding.
• Each teaching unit includes up to fifteen problems, exercises and games per unit, exploring the concept being studied, presented at three levels: Beginning, Developing and Extending catering for mixed ability classes.
• Assessment pages and BLM worksheets can be used to assess student knowledge of each mathematical concept
NSW Curriculum Correlation Grid
Additional BLM Worksheets
Teacher Resource Book Answers
Also Available in the 'Primary Maths' Series
Primary Maths - Student Activity Books
The Primary Maths Student Activity Book is filled with relevant, graded activities to motivate learners. Full-colour photos and illustrations link teaching and learning activities to everyday contexts and help to bring the maths curriculum alive.
View Student Activity Books
Primary Maths - Practice & Homework Books
Primary Maths Practice & Homework Book contains 36 double-page units of work that complement the Primary Maths Student Activity Book. It can be used for homework or to provide extra practice in the classroom.
View Practice & Homework Books
|Publisher||Cambridge University Press|
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 2,|
|Author(s)||Michelle Weeks, Natasha Gillard, Greg Weeks and Dianne Carr|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.