Part of the series Maths Boxes.
Maths Box Orange is a fantastic problem-solving resource that can be utilised by individuals or groups. It is written by very experienced Australian teachers including Harry O’Brien (Maths Plus), Steve Murray and Deborah Reinholtd, the 2012 Primary Maths Teacher of the Year.
Maths Box Orange has been written to assist other teachers address the rigours of the Australian Curriculum. It is a unique, multi-levelled resource that provides activities designed to improve the mathematical skills, strategies, knowledge, reasoning and problem-solving ability of students in Years 3 to 4/5. Maths Box Orange is a large, comprehensive resource that specifically targets problem-solving in the middle years.
- Suitable for Years 3 to 4/5
- Allows for in-depth study of a topic by providing sets of graded cards developing the topic being taught
- 30 Australian Curriculum topic card sets addressing all strands of:
- Number and Algebra
- Measurement and Geometry
- Statistics and Probability
- Great for individualised learning, group or whole class instruction
- Enormously varied and engaging content
- Content grouped in sets for in-depth learning
- Laminated cards that are larger than A4
- Strategy and concept cards graded from 1 to 10
- Diagnostic quizzes to assist teachers with assessments or pinpoint weaknesses
- Provides easily found quality continuum or curriculum content
- Useful for gifted and talented students
A Closer Look at Maths Box Orange
Using Maths Box Orange
- The teacher allocates each student a topic in the box to work on.
- The student always starts on card 1 of the allocated topic. The cards must be completed in order of 1 to 10 as they are graded in a learning sequence.
- The card is marked by the student.
- The student fills in their personal progress chart.
Topics Covered in Maths Box Orange
- Volume and Capacity
- 2D Shapes and Transformations
- Chance and Data 1
- Angles and Symmetry
- Chance and Data 2
- Number Story Investigations 2
- Open-ended Investigations
- Conceptual Problems
- Multi-step Problems 2
- Whole Number
- Addition Strategies
- Subtraction Strategies 1
- Multiplication and Division 1
- Addition Written
- Subtraction Written
- Multiplication Written
- Division Strategies
- Fractions 1
- Number Story Investigations 1
- Multi-step Problems 1
- Division Written
- Fractions 2
- Number Patterns
- Fractions, Decimals and Percentages
Brown 5 - Location
Green 2 - Mass
Olive 13 - Subtraction Strategies
Orange 3 - Chance and Data 1
Red 2 - Number Story Investigations 2
Violet 10 - Open-ended Investigations
|Publisher||Teachers 4 Teachers|
|Product Type||Learning Cards & Boxes,|
|Year Level||Year 3, Year 4, Year 5,|
|Author(s)||Harry O'Brien, Steve Murray & Deborah Reinholtd|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.