Collision Repair and Refinishing: A Foundation Course for Technicians, Third Edition, provides a thorough guide to all major areas of collision repair and refinishing as outlined by ASE Education Foundation. In-depth coverage includes structural and non-structural analysis and damage repair, welding, painting and refinishing, paint chemistry, sacrificial coatings for corrosion resistance, mechanical and electrical systems, and more. The text also includes a chapter on the expanded use of aluminum for domestic vehicle manufacture, and basic repair principles relevant to this trend. With a reader-friendly writing style, logical progression of topics, and illustrations featuring current equipment and realistic applications, this comprehensive text is a perfect choice for students with little or no prior exposure to collision repair.
- This comprehensive text includes detailed coverage of all major areas of collision repair and refinishing as outlined by ASE Education Foundation.
- The text guides students through a wide range of essential repair and refinishing topics, including structural and non-structural analysis and damage repair, welding, painting and refinishing, paint chemistry, sacrificial coatings for corrosion resistance
- Introduction to Collision Repair.
- Collision Shop Safety.
- Hand Tools.
- Power Tools.
- Welding Procedures and Equipment.
- Vehicle Construction.
- Straightening Steel.
- Aluminum Repair and Panel Replacement (new).
- Trim and Hardware.
- Estimating Collision Damage.
- Collision Damage Analysis.
- Bolted Exterior Panel Replacement.
- Measuring Structural Damage.
- Straightening and Repairing Structural Damage.
- Welded Exterior Panel Replacement.
- Structural Parts Replacement.
- Full Frame Sectioning and Replacement.
- Plastic Repair.
- Corrosion Protection.
- Paint Spray Guns.
- Spray Techniques.
- Refinishing Shop Equipment.
- Understanding Refinishing.
- Surface Preparation.
- Masking Materials and Procedures.
- Solvents for Refinishing.
- Application of Undercoats.
- Advanced Refinishing Procedures.
- Advanced Refinishing Procedures Waterborne.
- Color Evaluation and Adjustment.
- Paint Problems and Prevention
- Electrical Components.
- Steering, Suspension, and Vehicle Alignment.
- Mechanical Systems.
|Product Type||Student Books,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.