Part of the series The Comprehension Box Series.
The comprehension box series is a set of three boxes of comprehension cards. The boxed sets provide supplementary materials to support the reading program of teachers catering for the needs of capable, independent readers at each level in the classroom.The cards feature both fiction and non-fiction texts (incorporating Society and Environment, Science and Health and Values) and fully support the National English Curriculum, which requires teachers to ‘use texts from a wide range of genre and school subjects’. Each comprehension box incorporates three levels of comprehension question cards in a multiple-choice format and assesses 12 different comprehension skills. Separate answer cards allow the students to work and progress at their own rate while keeping a record for their own and the teacher’s reference.
Each box contains:
- 150 colourfully illustrated cards with texts covering a variety of genres and text types;
- 15 colour-coded sections;
- 10 cards in each of the 15 sections, numbered (front to back) from 1 to 10;
- questions on the back of each card;
- answer cards; and
- a teachers guide.
The cards vary in difficulty, depending on the:
- topic - interest and background knowledge;
- conceptual understanding required;
- age appropriateness;
- artwork included;
- number of words;
- number of questions;
- complexity of the questions;
- complexity of sentence structure;
- length of the sentences;
- grammatical complexity passive or active verbs;
- difficulty of the vocabulary; and
- length of the text, as determined by the font size and return spacing.
|Product Type||Learning Cards & Boxes,|
|Year Level||Year 5, Year 6,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.