Part of the series Phonics Flip Charts.
When learning to spell a child separates or segments a word into the individual speech sounds within the word while linking the sounds to letters.
It is generally agreed that there are approximately 44 sounds that make up the English language. As there are only 26 letters in the alphabet some letters need to be combined to represent the remaining speech sounds.
- Designed by speech pathologists for use in schools.
- The flip book is based upon PLD’s ‘structured synthetic phonics’ (SSP) approach.
- Early phonic concepts are introduced in a progressive manner.
- A range of reading and spelling words are provided for each alphabet and phonic sound.
- Students associate a picture, and keywords with each phonic concept.
- An effective and engaging way to develop early phonic concepts.
The Flip Book contains the following levels:
- Group 1 – s, a, t, p, i, n (cards with yellow borders)
- Group 2 – m, r, h, e, d, c (cards with blue borders)
- Group 3 – f, l, g, o, u, b (cards with green borders)
- Group 4 – w, j, v, k, z, y, x (cards with red borders)
- Group 5 – sh, ch, th, oo, ee, ch, wh, qu (cards with purple borders)
- Group 6 – ar, or, ay, ai, er, oi, oy, ing (cards with orange borders)
|Product Type||Posters, Charts & Mats,|
|Year Level||Foundation, Year 1, Year 2,|
|Author(s)||Diana Rigg (PLD)|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.