Part of the series Physics in Focus.
Physics in Focus - Year 11 meets the complete requirements of the 2017 NSW NESA Stage 6 Physics syllabus in intent, content and sequence. The student book is written in accessible language and has clear, explanations throughout. The scenario-style questions at the end of each module allow students to review, analyse and evaluate content throughout. The text provides learning across all curriculum areas, as detailed in the syllabus and contains a dedicated chapter on how to approach and carry out the Depth Study at Year 11. ‘Working Scientifically’ processes are developed within each investigation, with supporting primary and secondary-sourced investigations, including modelling, are embedded within the content.
- Working scientifically and Depth Study
- Motion in a straight line
- Motion on a plane
- Forces, acceleration and energy
- Momentum, energy and simple systems
- Wave characteristics
- Wave behaviour
- Sound waves
- The ray model of light
- Electric circuits
- Depth study
- Accessible language and clear explanation of concepts throughout.
- Scenario-style questions within each chapter for students to review, analyse and evaluate content.
- Review quizzes at the end of each chapter to test students’ understanding.
- Learning across the curriculum areas, as detailed in the syllabus, embedded within the content.
- ‘Working Scientifically’ processes developed within each investigation.
- Includes both primary and secondary-sourced investigations, including modelling.
- Contains a dedicated chapter on how to approach and carry out the Depth Study at Years 11 and 12.
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 11,|
|Author(s)||Kate Wilson, Rob Farr, Philip Young|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.