Part of the series Discovering Science - Lower Primary.
Discovering Science is a single solution to address Australian Curriculum: Science, providing everything you need in one package, while being designed to maximise student engagement.
Discovering Science Lower Primary Teacher Resource Book
Discovering Science Teachers Resource Books are written by experienced classroom teachers, allowing for simple implementation of the Australian Curriculum: Science while keeping learner engagement at the heart of the series. A step-by-step, easy-to-use teacher resource book that provides teachers with the content and confidence to implement the Australian Curriculum: Science F-6 whilst engaging the learner through a variety of resources, practicals, texts and activities and include many engaging BLMS and creative ideas for field trips. The Teacher Resource Books unpack the Australian Curriculum: Science and provide detailed Scope and Learning Sequences. In particular, they outline how each Australian Curriculum content descriptor fits in and covers each curriculum strand; including hands-on practical activities that will engage students and get them excited about science around them. They will also outline expected student learning and outcomes at each level.
- Teacher Resource Books provide explicit learning sequences and accompanying practicals for the classroom that give teachers an assurance that the Australian Curriculum: Science for F-6 is being covered in class
- Topic Starter Picture Cards, both print and digital provide a tool to introduce topics to students as well as discussion questions
- Guides teachers through the Australian Curriculum: Science, by providing step by step learning sequences on key, and sometimes difficult, science concepts like: Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- There are explicit learning sequences and lesson plans to support teachers with teaching the curriculum
- Provides teachers with fun-filled easy-to-do practical activities. Research has shown that one of the biggest obstacles in teaching Science in the Primary years is the cost and access to equipment. Therefore, included are practical activities that don’t rely on equipment or large budgets to support them
- Builds teachers knowledge and confidence to teach science in a structured way while supporting the implementation of the Australian Curriculum
View Sample Pages
View Other Year Levels in the 'Discovering Science' Series
|Product Type||Learning Cards & Boxes, Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Foundation, Year 1, Year 2,|
|Author(s)||Julie Williams, Jim Williams, Anna Pilkington, Rosemary Joslyn, Michael Wagner & Troy Potter|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.