Oxford Big Ideas Humanities & Social Sciences (WA Curriculum) - Year 7: Skills & Activities Book
Part of the series Oxford Big Ideas Humanities & Social Sciences (WA Curriculum).
Oxford Big Ideas Humanities and Social Sciences Western Australian Curriculum - Skills and Activities Books are full-colour write-in Student workbooks supported by integrated digital resources. Designed to prepare students to enter ATAR-level HASS studies with confidence, they provide syllabus coverage and scaffolded skill development for Years 7-10 HASS students in Western Australia.
Each Student workbook has been written by expert Western Australian authors and features a range of recent, local case studies, practice source analysis and engaging skills-based activities, plus revision sections for each of the four subject areas.
Closely aligned to syllabus content, they support not only students using the market-leading Oxford Big Ideas Humanities and Social Sciences Western Australian Curriculum series, but also users of other HASS resources seeking additional opportunities for revision and extension.
Each Student workbook covers all four subject areas (History, Geography, Economics and Business, and Civics and Citizenship) and includes a range of innovative features:
- Glossary grab provides a space for students to record key terms and encourages students to develop their understanding of key terminology as they learn.
- Word wizard engages students’ literacy skills using key terminology from the unit of study.
- Skill school explicitly focuses on building key skills in each subject area.
- Analysis ace develops students’ confidence in analysing sources in each subject area.
- Case cracker enables students to develop and practice skills in context using engaging case studies.
- Writing winner develops essential HASS writing skills, from taking notes and referencing sources to constructing essays and using data.
- Fun finish engages students with fun tasks, including designing and drawing, group activities, working with their hands and thinking innovatively.
- Skills survey concludes each section with a self-assessment checklist for students to rate their confidence using essential HASS skills.
- Revision remedy offers students a range of skills-based multiple-choice and short-answer questions designed to consolidate learning.
- Integrated digital resources.
Each Student workbook comes complete with access to an exciting range of integrated digital material, including interactive maps, timelines and activities; videos; weblinks; auto-marking quizzes; a world statistics database; and other digital resources designed to enhance learning.
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 7,|
|Author(s)||Leo Conti, Kirstin Woodard, Paul Stenner, Annie Rees, Siobhan McCarthy, Ashley Breadsell|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.