An early childhood approach to instructing letter formation.
Letter Formation For Little People is a valuable resource for teachers in the early education setting. It is a unique program which details an initial introduction to lower case letters and their correct formation. This package provides multiple opportunities for rehearsal of each letter shape in a cursive font. The order of introduction of the letters is based on the 4 groupings used in all PLD programs.
Children are able to begin learning letter formation once they have mastered:
- Emerging alphabet letter name and sound knowledge
- Good sitting posture
- Efficient grasp
- Pre-writing patterns
- Pencil control and accuracy
It is essential that correct formations of letters are mastered early, as it reduces the possibility of incorrect formations becoming habitual, and patterns needed to be re-learned at a later stage. Developed by an Occupational Therapist, this easy-to-use resource contains an early childhood approach to developing positive letter formation skills.
- The process commences by targeting letter formation in a “big way” on A3 sheets, then progresses to A4 sized letter formation before mini letters
- Each activity provides scripted instructions for the supporting adult
- Additional information on pencil grip, posture, positioning of paper etc.
- Also available in Foundation font.
- Instruction manual (264 pages)
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Early Years,|
|Author(s)||Diana Rigg (PLD)|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.