Imagining Australia: Australian History, VCE Units 3 & 4 is an exciting new text written by an expert author team to address the requirements of the new Australian History study design.
This is the ideal text for students wishing to gain a solid understanding of Australian history from 1830 to 2000 and the ideas and visions that have underpinned the Australian experience at four points in our nation's history.
It combines a comprehensive narrative with high interest primary sources and modelling of key history skills. Imagining Australia is the 'must have' text for VCE Australian History students.
- Unit 3, Area of Study 1: A new land: Port Phillip District 1830-1860
- Unit 3, Area of Study 2: Nation, race and citizen 1888-1914
- Unit 4, Area of Study 1: Testing the new nation 1914-1950
- Unit 4, Area of Study 2: Debating Australia's future 1960-2000
- Introduction to each Area of Study
- Detailed, contemporary content based on the latest historical research.
- Topics include attitudes to immigration and attitudes to Indigenous rights
- A wide range of textual and visual sources accompanied by source analysis and review questions
- Timelines for understanding important events and developments
- A range of Historians' Views that encourage students to compare and evaluate differing or contradictory historical interpretations and debates
- Sample SACs at the end of each Area of Study
- An Assessment section devoted to exam preparation, including a practice exam and essay-writing tips
- Web links to relevant research sites
- A Glossary of terms
- A Bibliography
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 11, Year 12,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.