Five Senses: 15 Short Stories is a new and exciting collection of short stories for lower secondary school students.
- Stories by both young and established authors on contemporary issues that will entertain and challenge.
- All stories can be easily read in one sitting!
- Structured and selected to be student and teacher friendly.
Each story has a choice of written and spoken tasks asking students to read, talk and write, and to complete spelling, vocabulary, grammar and punctuation activities. Extension activities are also included.
Five Senses is designed to develop the following skills:
- A love of reading and writing stories
- An understanding of the techniques used in narrative writing
- An appreciation of the variety of genres used in narrative writing
- The ability to discuss stories and issues with peers
- An understanding of how language "works"
- Improved literacy skills through modelling activities
Special features include:
- A matrix of activities for teachers
- Glossary of key terms
- An analysis of the elements of the short story
- What makes a short story?
- Checklist for writing a short story
- Matrix of Activities [for teachers]
CLASS WARS: A SENSE OF BELONGING
- Smelly Melly: Elli Housden
- In a Class of Her Own: Alice Fermor
- Left Alone: Justine Thomas
LIFE'S A GAME: A SENSE OF FAIR PLAY
- Iron Butterfly: Claire Edward
- Curry Bunnies: Alex Henderson
- Playing by the Rules: Julia Clark
WARNING: A SENSE OF DANGER
- Just a Stage: Elli Housden
- Luke: Rosie Bridge
- Double or Nothing: Garrett Russell
FANTASY: A SENSE THAT SOMETHING'S OUT THERE
- 20-20 Vision: Joan Rigby
- High Flyers: Helen Bowers
- Headlight: David Charles
YOU'RE JOKING: A SENSE OF HUMOUR
- Going to School: Amy Cason
- The Awesome Load: Garry Hurle
- Will Calamari be a Battered Squid?: Julia Clark
- Whole book activities
- Glossary of terms
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.