English Skills Builder 2 - Australian Curriculum Edition: Student Book + obook/assess (Print & Digital)
Part of the series English Skills Builder 2.
The Australian Curriculum edition of the English Skills Builder series sees these best-selling skills resources fully revised to address the three English strands of Language, Literacy and Literature. Designed to complement any English program, this series will teach and reinforce the skills that students need at junior secondary level. Each workbook is divided into 50 units, and content explores different aspects of language use as well as different text types and genres. The English Skills Builder series are now accompanied by digital obooks for the first time. The obook is a cloud-based web-book available anywhere, anytime, on any device, navigated by topic or by ‘page view’. As well as containing the student text, the obook offers additional Enriching Literature units focusing on texts relevant to the cross-curriculum priorities, as well as popular classic and contemporary texts.
- The new editions see an increase in visual material with exploration of multimodal text types such as film, picture books and illustrated novels, digital texts, advertisements and more.
- Fresh new design, now in full colour and with more student writing room. Ideal preparation for skills needed to succeed in the literacy component of NAPLAN testing.
- Units can be worked through sequentially, used in conjunction with other sections or selected individually to support a particular class or student; suitable for homework or classroom use.
- All answers for exercises are provided in a tear-out section at the back of each book or online via the obook.
Parts of speech
- Unit 1 - Nouns
- Unit 2 - Using nouns
- Unit 3 - Types of pronouns
- Unit 4 - Pronouns
- Unit 5 - Verbs and simple tenses
- Unit 6 - Perfect tenses
- Unit 7 - Continuous tenses
- Unit 8 - Active and passive voice
- Unit 9 - Subject-verb agreement
- Unit 10 - Adjectives
- Unit 11 - Using adjectives
- Unit 12 - Adverbs
- Unit 13 - Using adverbs
- Unit 14 - Prepositions
- Unit 15 - Conjunctions
- Unit 16 - Phrases
- Unit 17 - Clauses
- Unit 18 - Sentence structure
- Unit 19 - Improving sentences
- Unit 20 - Fragments and run-on sentences
- Unit 21 - Parallel sentence structure
- Unit 22 - Overview of punctuation
- Unit 23 - Punctuation within a sentence
- Unit 24 - Dots, dashes, brackets and hyphens
- Unit 25 - Apostrophes: possession
- Unit 26 - Apostrophes: contractions
- Unit 27 - Quotations marks
- Unit 28 - Using quotations
- Unit 29 - Abbreviations, numbers and italics
- Unit 30 - Punctuation practice
- Unit 31 - Word stems, prefixes and suffixes
- Unit 32 - Euphemisms, slang, clichés, jargon and idioms
- Unit 33 - Using a thesaurus
- Unit 34 - Synonyms and antonyms
- Unit 35 - Confusing pairs of words
- Unit 36 - Spelling strategies
- Unit 37 - Difficult words to spell
- Unit 38 - Purpose, audience and context
- Unit 39 - Punctuation for different purposes
- Unit 40 - Writing paragraphs
- Unit 41 - Planning an essay
- Unit 42 - Writing an essay
- Unit 43 - Footnotes, endnotes and referencing
- Unit 44 - Editing checklist
Part B Literature
- Unit 45 - Reading short stories and novels
- Unit 46 - Reading poetry
- Unit 47 - Reading drama
- Unit 48 - Reading Shakespeare
- Unit 49 - Reading autobiography and biography
- Unit 50 - Reading persuasive texts
obook only content Enrich Literature Units
- Chenxi and the Foreigner
- The Hunger Games
- Bran Nue Dae
- Land’s Edge
- The Rabbits
- Linda Burney ‘2003 Maiden speech’
- The Happiest Refugee
- Our Choice
Also available in the English Skills Builder Series
Digital Only Option
The obook offers additional Enriching Literature units focusing on texts relevant to the cross-curriculum priorities, as well as popular classic and contemporary texts.
English Skills Builder 2 - Australian Curriculum Edition: Student obook/assess code card (Digital Only)
Practical and targeted teacher support is provided in digital format via Teacher obook/assess.
English Skills Builder 2 - Australian Curriculum Edition: Teacher obook/assess code card (Digital Only)
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 8,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.