Part of the series Effective Spelling.
Effective Spelling is underpinned by a holistic and inquiry-based learning approach to spelling. The whole-school series is designed to support teachers to foster a culture of word noticing, transforming students into curious thinkers and effective, competent spellers. Each component explicitly aligns with the Australian Curriculum: English and offers educators flexible learning pathways.
Each Teaching Guide:
- comprises ten Big Ideas chapters, each with a key spelling focus
- presents inquiry-based sample learning sequences demonstrating a best-practice teaching routine, which can be adapted for many spelling concepts
- includes activities to support students' understandings of key spelling concepts
- incorporates the key spelling strategies: Sound, Visual, Meaning, Connecting and Checking
- includes thrice yearly Spelling Big Ideas Inventory Assessments (Year 1 to 6), and pre and post assessments for each learning sequence
- demonstrates how to incorporate rich literature into spelling instruction, and includes lists of recommended books that can be used to support student learning
- Spelling Scope and Sequence: Pre-Foundation – Year Two
- Big Idea 1: Sounds Can Be Represented by Different Letter Patterns
- Big Idea 2: Onset and Rime
- Big Idea 3: Consonant Digraphs
- Big Idea 4: Consonant Blends
- Big Idea 5: Double Letter Consonants
- Big Idea 6: Long Vowels
- Big Idea 7: Morphological Word Families
- Big Idea 8: Prefixes
- Big Idea 9: Suffixes
- Big Idea 10: High-Frequency Words
- Assessments and Recording Sheets
- Teacher Resource Sheets
- Blackline Masters (BLMs)
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 1, Year 2,|
|Author(s)||Christine Topfer, Emma Warren, Bethany Woolnough|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.