Part of the series Dice Activities.
In this introduction to algebraic concepts, students aged 10-13 years explore the idea of algebra as a ‘balancing act’ using dice and coloured tiles. When given the opportunity to ‘play’ with big mathematical ideas, students naturally acquire the algebra basics: using symbols to denote mathematical functions, using a variable (n) to represent an unknown, and writing and solving simultaneous equations. Dice activities for algebra is intended to:
- construct a bridge for students to transition from thinking arithmetically to thinking algebraically
- assist students in the use of letters to represent unknowns and variables
- apply deductive and inductive reasoning in solving for n
- generate rules to describe number patterns
- increase and deepen an understanding of equivalency
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 5, Year 6, Year 7, Year 8,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.