Part of the series Blake's Learning Centres - Writing Centres: Persuasive Texts.
Blake's Learning Centres are a wonderful motivating way for students to practise important skills. The 40 colourful cards in this resource provide comprehensive writing instruction for eight persuasive text types.
Featured Text Types:
- Review of Written Text
- Personal Response to Poetry
- Letter to the Editor
- Protest Banner
Each Text Card provides an engaging, levelled and illustrated text sample that is supported by: three activity cards, five photocopiable worksheets and a Graphic Organiser. The lessons on the Activity Cards are divided as follows:
- Language Features – this card shows a shorter extract of the text and enables the students to examine the role and purpose of grammar at the word, sentence and whole text level.
- Activity Card – focuses on how the text meets the needs of purpose and audience, and the structural components of the text such as its layout and organisation, vocabulary, grammar and punctuation.
- Writing Card – provides a number of different tasks for students to work on as an individual or with a partner. This may involve them writing a section of text or a whole text.
All of the coloured pages in the books are designed to be removed and laminated to provide a durable classroom resource that can be used for many years.
- Display each text card on an IWB (interactive whiteboard) or screen
- Match activities to the Australian Curriculum
- Involve the whole class in discussion of the wide range of text types
- Print extra copies of any or all cards
- Produce large version (A3) cards
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 5, Year 6,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.