The Complete Guide to English Usage for Australian Students has been a trusted reference book for Australian Secondary students for over thirty years. The revised sixth edition is a newly updated version with a stronger emphasis on the graphical representation of key concepts and provides a thorough treatment of grammatical terms with numerous clear examples and discussion of usage questions.
The guide comprehensively covers the treatment of the punctuation marks used in English and includes addition 'Test Yourself' activities for students to track progress in English skills and aid in making sense of English use in the digital age.
- A section devoted to the vocabulary of English, including Latin and Greek roots, homonyms and homophones, prefixes and suffices.
- Handy lists of common proverbs and idioms.
- A detailed overview of different types of texts with annotated examples.
- Part 1: Using your references
- Part 2: Punctuation
- Part 3: Grammar in use
- Part 4: Vocabulary and spelling
- Part 5: Communication through writing
- Part 6: Communication through spelling and listening
- Part 7: Some terms used in literacy and language
About the Author
Margaret Ramsay has over 25 years of experience teaching English literacy. She has taught at Bremer State High School and Everton Park State High School and is also a life member of The Queensland English Teachers' Association. While teaching, Margaret developed a successful Reading Retraining program for students at risk. Since retirement, Margaret has become even more involved in literacy, volunteering with students with learning difficulties.
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10, Year 11, Year 12,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.