Part of the series Automotive Mechanics 8th Edition.
This market leading Automotive Mechanics text has been completely updated with new and revised content covering all the most relevant developments in the Australian automotive industry. Automotive Mechanics - 8th Edition covers principles, applications and general servicing requirements that relate to passenger and light commercial vehicles. With full-colour illustrations and photographs, this new edition provides thorough coverage of the most relevant developments in the Australian automotive industry. The two volumes of Automotive Mechanics encourage students' understanding by using practical explanations and design features such as safety tips, handy hints, review questions, technical terms and glossary. Automotive Mechanics addresses the requirements of the Automotive Industry Retail, Service and Repair Training Package (AUR12). A competency grid links the book's content to the Training Package's competencies to ensure teachers and students are meeting all necessary requirements.
Automotive Mechanics - Volume 2
- Completely Australian content mapped to the relevant competencies in the AUR12 training package.
- Full-colour photos and illustrations
- Updated information on environmental issues with legislative changes
- A brand new part covering Alternative Drive Systems written in response to the increasing use of hybrid and fuel cell drive systems
- Coverage of the latest developments in audio and digital technology such as blue tooth navigation, GPS systems, DVD players, MP3s & iPods, and hands-free mobile phones
- Completely rewritten sections on engine management, fuel injection systems and ignition systems, including additional detail on oscilloscopes for diagnosis and testing.
- Connect Plus Automotive a web based assignment and assessment platform.
Table of Contents
- Part 1: Engine construction and overhaul
- 1 General engine service
- 2 Cylinder head and valves
- 3 Cylinder-head and valve service
- 4 Cylinder block, crankshaft and bearings
- 5 Cylinder block, crankshaft and bearing service
- 6 Pistons, connecting-rods and bearings
- 7 Piston, connecting-rod and bearing service
- 8 Engine measurement and performance
- 9 Rotary engine
- Part 2: Fuel and engine management
- 10 Electronic fuel injection and engine management
- 11 Ignition systems
- 12 Emission controls
- 13 Induction systems, turbochargers and superchargers
- 14 Maintenance and diagnosis: petrol engines
- Part 3: Diesel engines
- 15 Diesel engines: features
- 16 Diesel fuel systems
- 17 Diesel fuel system service
- Part 4: Alternative Drive Systems
- 18 Hybrid and fuel cell drive systems
- Part 5: Automatic transmissions and drive
- 19 Automatic transmissions: torque converters
- 20 Automatic transmissions: mechanical
- 21 Automatic transmissions: hydraulics and controls
- 22 Automatic transmission service
- 23 Four-wheel drive and all-wheel drive
- Part 6: Electrical systems
- 24 Starting system
- 25 Charging system
- 26 Body-electrical systems
- 27 Body-electrical service
- 28 Instruments and indicators
- 29 Body-electrical components
- Part 7: Safety, security and convenience
- 30 Braking: ABS, traction control and vehicle stability
- 31 Air conditioning
- 32 Seat belts and seating
- 33 Supplemental restraint systems (SRS) and occupant safety
- 34 Remote locking, immobilisers and security
- 35 Cruise controls and trip computers
- 36 Audio and visual systems
Automotive Mechanics Companion Titles
Approach to Automotive
Approach to Automotive has been adapted for schools from the classic Automotive Mechanics by Ed May and Les Simpson. Incorporating up-to-date material from the completely revised eighth edition, it addresses the majority of the essential components of the VET schools program, as aligned with the National Training Package AUR05.
View Approach to Automotive
Diesel Engine Basics
Diesel Engine Basics is dedicated to the basics of diesel mechanics within an Australian context. This text provides a practical reference for instructors and students to utilise throughout not only their course but also their career.
View Diesel Engine Basics
|Product Type||Student Books,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.