Part of the series Australian Curriculum Global Geography - Through an ICT and Inquiry Lens.
Take your students on an adventure around the world with Australian Curriculum - Global Geography. Through exploring the human and physical characteristics of places, students will investigate, create and communicate their understanding of the world around them.
- Scope and sequence charts for HASS curriculum links and concepts for geographical thinking
- 20 easy-to-follow lessons for each year level which include an introduction activity, main development activity and a concluding activity
- A variety of student activities to develop the Inquiry skills of questioning, researching, analysing, evaluating, and reflecting and communicating
- The use of QR codes, URL links, online graphic organisers, and digital applications such as SeeSaw, iMovie®, Chatterbox, ShowMe, Prezi and digital cameras
- A ‘Travelling further’ suggestion which can be used to extend the lesson concept, provide further activity for more capable students or be used as a homework activity
- Assessment pages at the end of each unit, themed as passport pages to compile together at the end of the year
Knowledge and Understanding - Geography (Year 4)
- The main characteristics of the continents of Africa and South America and the location of their major countries in relation to Australia (ACHASSK087)
- The importance of environments, including natural vegetation, to animals and people (ACHASSK088)
- The custodial responsibility Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples have for Country/Place, and how this influences views about sustainability (ACHASSK089)
- The use and management of natural resources and waste, and the different views on how to do this sustainably (ACHASSK090)
Inquiry and Skills - HASS (Year 4)
- Post questions to investigate people, events, places and issues (ACHASSI073)
- Locate and collect information and data from different sources, including observations (ACHASSI074)
- Record, sort and represent data and the location of places and their characteristics in different formats, including simple graphs, tables and maps, using discipline-appropriate conventions (ACHASSI075)
- Sequence information about people’s lives and events (ACHASSI076)
- Examine information to identify different points of view and distinguish facts from opinions (ACHASSI077)
- Interpret data and information displayed in different formats, to identify and describe distributions and simple patterns (ACHASSI078)
Evaluating and reflecting
- Draw simple conclusions based on analysis of information and data (ACHASSI079)
- Interact with others with respect to share points of view (ACHASSI080)
- Reflect on learning to propose actions in response to an issue or challenge and consider possible effects of proposed actions (ACHASSI081)
- Present ideas, findings and conclusions in texts and modes that incorporate digital and non-digital representations and discipline-specific terms (ACHASSI082)
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 4,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.