Think Organise Write: Turn Thinking into Writing Using Graphic Organisers will help students plan writing tasks using graphical organisers - visual ways of representing, organising and communicating ideas. The book models how to use this planning to write full, detailed responses across a range of styles.
- An explanation of six levels of thinking skills.
- Clear definition and purpose of each graphical organiser used.
- Illustrations of graphic organisers.
- 25 examples of the writing tasks using the information from the graphic organiser, highlighting key terms and language used.
- A multi skills section: illustrating a combination of thinking levels, giving 7 examples of graphic organisers and writing.
- A writing revision section: giving general guidelines on simple sentences, compound and complex sentences, paragraphs and editing.
- Generic planning process using graphic organisers
Part 1: Thinking Skills, Graphic Organisers, Writing Tasks
Lower Order Thinking Skills
Thinking Level 1 - Knowledge [Remembering]
- Story Map
Thinking Level 2 - Comprehension [Understanding]
- Concept Map - Spider Map
- Concept Map - Hierarchical Map
Thinking Level 3 - Application [Transferring Information]
- Flow Chart
- Persuasion Map
- Y Chart Higher Order Thinking Skills
Thinking Level 4 - Analysis [Breaking Down Information]
- Venn Diagram
- Ranking Ladder
- For and Against Chart
- SWOT Analysis
- Cause and Effect - Fishbone Map
Thinking Level 5 - Evaluation [Judging Information]
- PMI Chart
- Balance Bar/Scale of Bias
- Effects Wheel
- Reflective Questioning
- Socratic Questioning
Thinking Level 6 - Creation [Producing New Information]
- Reframing Matrix
- Scamper Chart
- Lotus Diagram
A combination of several thinking levels [e.g. remembering, understanding, analysing, synthesising/creating, evaluating/reflecting]
- Mind Map
- A-Z Organiser
- Planning Matrix
- Issues Map
- 5W's + H
- Reflective Journal
Part 2: Writing Revision
- Simple sentences
- Compound and complex sentences
Putting it all together: Writing rubrics
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10, Year 11, Year 12,|
|Author(s)||Anne Townsend & Anne Quill|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.