Part of the series Targeting Handwriting VIC - Student Books.
Handwriting is one of the most crucial skills students will develop in primary school. Targeting Handwriting covers the handwriting curriculum in a clear and structured way, with content linked to Victorian CSF II outcomes.
To be competent writers, their handwriting needs to be fluent and legible. Regular practice, three to four times a week, in fine motor skills and in letter formation will ensure the development of good handwriting habits.
The Targeting Handwriting Years 3-6 Student Books have been designed to make learning cursive handwriting as easy as possible for students. New skills are introduced sequentially, so that students build on skills one by one and aren't called on to use skills that haven't been introduced yet. Wherever possible, students copy words underneath models, so that left-handers aren't disadvantaged, and practice of numerals and punctuation is integrated into the writing activities. The books also encourage and support student self-assessment.
Also available, Targeting Handwriting Victoria Teacher Resource Books:
The Prep Student Book has lots of activities to do on every page. Other features of the Targeting Handwriting Victoria Prep Student Book include:
- patterning exercises allow students to become familiar with the basic movements used in letter formation, and assist in the development of fine motor skills
- two pages of tracing, tracking and independent writing activities for each letter provide students with plenty of practice in letter formation
- a seahorse character demonstrates the positioning of letters within lines, the number of strokes required for each letter is highlighted, and the
- focus letter is also featured within a simple illustration as a memory aid for students
- a handy student reference for pencil grip and paper position is included on the inside back cover
- fun and colourful alphabet on the back cover
View Sample Pages
|Product Type||Student Books,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.