Part of the series Targeting Handwriting VIC - Student Books.
Handwriting is one of the most crucial skills students will develop in primary school. Targeting Handwriting covers the handwriting curriculum in a clear and structured way, with content linked to Victorian CSF II outcomes.
To be competent writers, their handwriting needs to be fluent and legible. Regular practice, three to four times a week, in fine motor skills and in letter formation will ensure the development of good handwriting habits.
The Targeting Handwriting Years 3-6 Student Books have been designed to make learning cursive handwriting as easy as possible for students. New skills are introduced sequentially, so that students build on skills one by one and aren't called on to use skills that haven't been introduced yet. Wherever possible, students copy words underneath models, so that left-handers aren't disadvantaged, and practice of numerals and punctuation is integrated into the writing activities. The books also encourage and support student self-assessment.
Also available, Targeting Handwriting Victoria Teacher Resource Books:
The emphasis on the Year 2 program is on reducing students' reliance on scaffolding and providing them with increased opportunities to take responsibility for producing handwriting of a consistent size, shape, spacing and slope.
To achieve this, the Targeting Handwriting Year 2 Student Books focus on:
- practice of the focus letter within words in sentences, or within clusters of words which have a similar phonic pattern, or are often found in Year 2 spelling lists, or are linked by theme
- tracing and copying sentences and words commonly found in Year 2 spelling lists
- practice of numerals, number words and punctuation
- number words and punctuation integrated into sentences
- more emphasis on practice
- handwriting activities include puzzles, sorting activities, poems and rhymes
- self assessment exercises.
View Sample Pages
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 2,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.