Part of the series Targeting Comprehension Interactively.
Targeting Comprehension Interactively is a powerful new series of CD-ROMs for teaching comprehension using an interactive whiteboard. Each level features ten colourful and engaging text extracts in a variety of genres with an audio track.
Each text is examined in stages using the following six strategies:
- Predicting — students are asked questions about the book’s title, cover or graphics and asked to anticipate and predict what the text is likely to be about.
- Personal connection — students are invited to relate to the text personally by considering their own or others personal experiences.
- Visualising — students are encouraged to create mental images to form unique interpretations, to clarify text and to remain engaged with the text.
- Questioning — questions are posed about sections of the text to ensure students develop a deeper understanding of the content.
- Summarising — students are asked to summarise the text in a succinct way and to recount it to their peers.
- Monitoring — students are encouraged to think critically about the text and if it is cohesive and makes sense.
Each text also includes:
- Pre-reading - Zone In section to engage students and prepare them for the text.
- Word Works activities to reinforce comprehension, grammar, vocabulary and writing skills.
- Teaching notes with additional fluency assessment activities.
- Assessment questions that follow the three level comprehension guide format.
The text extracts can all be printed from the screen for photocopying and distribution. Links to the Australian Curriculum are provided for each text extract.
View Middle Primary Demo
|Product Type||Software & CD-ROMs,|
|Year Level||Year 5, Year 6,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.