Part of the series Successful Spelling.
Successful Spelling provides an integrated method of teaching phonics, spelling and vocabulary.
Book 2 provides students with user-friendly activities to master and develop spelling skills for this year of education. During this year students experience more of the complex ways we form words using letters in a correct sequence. They develop strategies for using sounds and visual patterns to help them strengthen and reinforce their knowledge, building up a comprehensive supply of ready words for written work. The activities are sequential and there are 76 units — 18 per term — plus four Review and Test units. Answers to all activities are provided in a special lift-out section.
Each term is divided into the four areas of knowledge needed to develop a comprehensive mastery of spelling:
- Phonological Knowledge — how words sound
- Word Function Knowledge — how word function can change spelling
- Meaning Knowledge — how context can change word form
- Word History Knowledge — how words have been derived
Well known author Peter Clutterbuck has written many best-selling resources for primary schools, including Spelling Success. The Successful Spelling series incorporates all of the proven strategies he has developed over many years to produce a workbook series that is well planned, purposeful and guaranteed to deliver successful outcomes in spelling.
- Useful topic list for the whole year is given before the units
- Useful words list
- WINK: Words I Need to Know — space to record problematic words
- Some tips for learning to spell
- Assessment checklist for each term
- Glossary of terms
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 1, Year 2,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.