Part of the series Primary Maths - Student Activity Books.
Primary Maths breathes life into the Australian Curriculum by providing a series of mathematics activities that encourage students to think about situations and problems, talk to others about their ideas and develop their own strategies as confident learners. Primary Maths is based on the philosophy that students learn mathematical skills and concepts in everyday life as they interact with their environment and the people around them.
Primary Maths Student Activity Books
The Primary Maths Student Activity Book is filled with relevant, graded activities to motivate learners. Full-colour photos and illustrations link teaching and learning activities to everyday contexts and help to bring the maths curriculum alive. The pages, arranged by content strands and substrands, allow for flexibility and for the students to build on prior knowledge. Discussion ideas, information boxes and challenge questions on the pages ensure that the books cater to students of all abilities.
• Arranged by the content strands - Number and Algebra, Measurement and Geometry, Statistics and Probability - giving teachers independence and flexibility in constructing a week-by-week maths program.
• Practical and hands-on activities encourage students to develop their own strategies as confident learners.
• Graded activities provide effective scaffolding for students and allow teachers to cater for mixed ability classes.
• Discussion icons are indicated throughout the books to highlight areas where class or small group discussion can take place.
• Revision boxes contain information to help students recall past learning, or offer hints and further explanation of difficult concepts.
• Full-colour photos and illustrations link learning activities to every day contexts to help make maths meaningful.
• Activities are related to Cambridge Maths-in-a-Box, which enriches the program with contextual activities and saves teachers time with planning.
Student Activity Book Answers
Also Available in the 'Primary Maths' Series
Primary Maths - Practice & Homework Books
Primary Maths Practice & Homework Book contains 36 double-page units of work that complement the Primary Maths Student Activity Book. It can be used for homework or to provide extra practice in the classroom.
View Practice & Homework Books
Primary Maths - Teacher Resource Books
The Primary Maths Teacher Resource Book provides a wealth of information and ideas that can be used as a foundation for the year's work or as best suits your needs. The attractive, easy-to-use format is flexible enough to suit all primary classrooms and provides inspiration to help you develop your own activities.
View Teacher Resource Books
|Publisher||Cambridge University Press|
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 5,|
|Author(s)||Michelle Weeks, Natasha Gillard, Greg Weeks and Dianne Carr|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.