Part of the series Primary Checkpoints.
The Primary Checkpoints series is designed to provide ready-made stimulating activities for students in a wide variety of subject areas. The activities and questions are presented in a way that familiarises students with a variety of assessment formats and are ideal for class work or homework.
How is it structured?
- Each unit starts with a different text type on a theme that is relevant to the age and ability level of the student
- Reading comprehension questions and language convention tasks are based on the text type
- Numeracy tasks include mental arithmetic questions and a problem solving task
- Encouragement pages offer tasks that are related to other curriculum areas, such as, science, geography, history, health, fitness and social issues
How will it support my teaching?
- The checkpoint units in each book are an ideal assessment tool and provide a record of student progress
- The books offer ready made units of work based on popular themes, such as, celebrations, sport, transport and inventions, which saves you time on planning
- Questions are presented in a way that familiarises students with popular testing styles, providing teachers and parents with a valuable tool in preparing students for national assessment
- The flexible and varied nature of the books allows them to be used throughout the year for extension or revision
How will it benefit my students?
- Different text types help students to question information gained from a variety of sources, which develops skills in critical literacy
- Engaging themes encourage learning and the common layout prepares students for popular assessment formats
- Full colour photographs help students relate learning to every day contexts
- Develops literacy and numeracy skills through cross-curricular themes
Primary Checkpoints 5
- Unit 1: Food The Food Pyramid
- Unit 2: Celebrations A Tale of Two Cities
- Unit 3: Sport & Games Rules! Rules! Rules!
- Unit 4: Tales Why Emu Can't Fly
- Checkpoint: Unit 1 Paddy Kept Calm in Blaze
- Unit 5: Transport Fast! Faster! Fastest!
- Unit 6: Rules Making Laws
- Unit 7: Humour Strange Customs and Beliefs
- Unit 8: Inventions Aussie Firsts
- Checkpoint: Unit 2 Frankenstein's Monster
- Unit 9: Australia Convicted!
- Unit 10: Records & Facts A Table of Lengths
- Unit 11: Recreation The Dancing Frog
- Unit 12: Health & Fitness Exercise and Diet
- Checkpoint: Unit 3 The Birth of Pegasus
- Unit 13: Communicating The Internet - Good or Bad?
- Unit 14: Beasts How a Spider Spins a Web
- Unit 15: How it Works Barcodes
- Checkpoint: Unit 4 Ridiculous Rhymes
|Publisher||Cambridge University Press|
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 5,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.