Part of the series Primary Checkpoints.
The Primary Checkpoints series is designed to provide ready-made stimulating activities for students in a wide variety of subject areas. The activities and questions are presented in a way that familiarises students with a variety of assessment formats and are ideal for class work or homework.
How is it structured?
- Each unit starts with a different text type on a theme that is relevant to the age and ability level of the student
- Reading comprehension questions and language convention tasks are based on the text type
- Numeracy tasks include mental arithmetic questions and a problem solving task
- Encouragement pages offer tasks that are related to other curriculum areas, such as, science, geography, history, health, fitness and social issues
How will it support my teaching?
- The checkpoint units in each book are an ideal assessment tool and provide a record of student progress
- The books offer ready made units of work based on popular themes, such as, celebrations, sport, transport and inventions, which saves you time on planning
- Questions are presented in a way that familiarises students with popular testing styles, providing teachers and parents with a valuable tool in preparing students for national assessment
- The flexible and varied nature of the books allows them to be used throughout the year for extension or revision
How will it benefit my students?
- Different text types help students to question information gained from a variety of sources, which develops skills in critical literacy
- Engaging themes encourage learning and the common layout prepares students for popular assessment formats
- Full colour photographs help students relate learning to every day contexts
- Develops literacy and numeracy skills through cross-curricular themes
Primary Checkpoints 3
- Unit 1: Food Make a Smoothie
- Unit 2: Celebrations What is an Anzac?
- Unit 3: Sport & Games The Olympic Games
- Unit 4: Tales Crying Wolf!
- Checkpoint: Unit 1 Five Hairy Monsters
- Unit 5: Transport Moving Goods
- Unit 6: Rules Law and Order
- Unit 7: Humour English - I'm confused!
- Unit 8: Inventions Toys
- Checkpoint: Unit 2 The Puggle
- Unit 9: Australia Timeline of Discovery
- Unit 10: Records & Facts That's Fast!
- Unit 11: Recreation The New Playground
- Unit 12: Health & Fitness Exercise For Your Life!
- Checkpoint: Unit 3 The Birth of the Sun
- Unit 13: Communicating Sending an Email
- Unit 14: Beasts Mini Beasts
- Unit 15: How it Works A Surfboard
- Checkpoint: Unit 4 Smidgen
|Publisher||Cambridge University Press|
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 3,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.