Picture Book Retelling Step 2, is a teaching resource that attempts to break down early picture book retelling skills into simple sequential steps for teachers and parents to follow with their students and children. The program trains parents and teachers to identify where 4 and seven year old students need to develop and strengthen their oral language skills and presents specific techniques and supports to do so.
Ideal for Foundation, Year 1 and Year 2 students, Picture Book Retelling – Step 2 provides:
- Assessment and monitoring procedures.
- Planning and programming supports.
- Visual Supports.
- Includes colour storytelling cards which assist early retelling efforts.
- Retell summaries for over 40 exciting and engaging picture books such as ‘Possum Magic’ By Mem Fox, ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’ By Eric Carle, ‘A sausage went for a walk’ By Elisha Marjid and many more!
- Techniques and strategies are outlined when a child provides poor retell of a story.
- Techniques and strategies to develop and accelerate language skills.
- Guidelines for structuring whole class, small group and individual activities.
- Comprehension questions.
- Retelling evaluation screen.
- Parent information sheets.
- A structured program designed by speech pathologists for teacher and parents.
Storytelling can be a challenge for 4-7 year old students and teachers, however, practice is the key and the more students are exposed to the language associated with telling news or stories the more their expressive language will improve.
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Author(s)||Diana Rigg (PLD)|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.