Part of the series Comprehension Questions.
From the age of two, children should have a vocabulary of approximately 50 words and a sentence length of 2 to 3 words. Put simply, from a young age children should be very verbal. More importantly, they should love to engage with their peers and adults. Therefore, the ability to understand questions is critical for participation in social interactions and success across all curriculum areas. Comprehension Questions for 3 Year Olds has been developed as an essential resource for Oral Language Development. At this age, the level of questions are literal and based on what is in front of the child. For example: What is it? What part is this called? Who is this? Find one like this? What colour/size/shape is it? What does it taste/feel/smell like?
Designed for teachers and parents for use in schools, daycare and in the home this program provides parents and teachers of 3 year olds with:
- Lists of developmentally appropriate picture books and comprehension questions.
- Samples of 3 year old age appropriate answers and samples of inadequate 3 year old answers.
- Techniques and strategies to implement when a child provides an inadequate answer.
- An instruction booklet that outlines how the resource can be presented to a whole class, small groups or individual home setting.
- 35 cards that model appropriate questions and responses for the books listed in the Recommended Books For 3 year Olds such as ‘Spot Can Count’, ‘My Pet’, ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’, and ‘We’re Going on a Bear Hunt’
- Following repeated reading of picture books the cards outline a collection of questions to be presented.
- The questions focus primarily upon Blank (level 1 and 2 questions).
- Two easy to administer progress checks; are included, to check on the acquisition of comprehension questioning ability.
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Early Years,|
|Author(s)||Diana Rigg (PLD)|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.