Part of the series Oxford Insight History AC - New South Wales (NSW): Stages 4&5.
Oxford Insight History for NSW 2E is an engaging, academically rigorous series that covers all depth studies in the NSW History syllabus for Stages 4 and 5/Years 7 to 10, presented in both single–year and stage–level formats.
To prepare students for the demands of the recently updated Stage 6 Ancient and Modern History syllabi, the new editions have been fully revised to feature an explicit focus on scaffolded historical skills development and inquiry-based learning.
Featuring the most up-to-date information, Oxford Insight History for NSW 2E also provides coverage of fresh case studies, recent events and historical findings and ideas.
Developed by NSW’s most respected History authors and Oxford’s award-winning publishing team, the series offers accessible print content designed to spark curiosity and initiative in students of all abilities, supported by improved online student resources and teacher support materials.
- Topic-based spreads provide structured teaching and learning
- Stunning images and illustrations engage students and support deep inquiry
- The Historian’s toolkit provides a stand-alone reference for all historical skills and concepts that can be taught as a separate unit of work or revisited as required
- Key content panels at the beginning of each section reinforce learning intentions
- Source study activities invite students to analyse a range of primary and secondary sources designed to bring the past to life
- Case study spreads provide opportunities to interrogate historical explanations and theories
- Checkpoint questions linked to content dot points in the NSW History Syllabus appear at the end of every section and are accompanied by differentiated worksheets
- Check your learning panels review student progress and provide opportunities for analysis and extension
- Spotlight activities highlight key skills and concepts
- Think, pair, share activities encourage student collaboration
- Visible thinking prompts help develop students’ critical thinking and analysis skills (perspective, analysis and use of sources)
- Margin glossary definitions provide instant clarification of key terms
The Historian's toolkit: concepts and skills
PART A - MAKING A BETTER WORLD?: AN OVERVIEW (DEPTH STUDY 1)
Chapter 1 The Industrial Revolution
Chapter 2 Movement of peoples
Chapter 3 Progressive ideas and movements: Capitalism [obook only chapter]
PART B - AUSTRALIA AND ASIA: AN OVERVIEW (DEPTH STUDY 2)
Chapter 4 Making a nation
Chapter 5 Asia and the world: China [obook only chapter]
PART C - AUSTRALIANS AT WAR (WORLD WARS I AND II): AN OVERVIEW (DEPTH STUDY 3)
Chapter 6 Australians at war (World Wars I and II)
PART D - RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS: AN OVERVIEW (DEPTH STUDY 4)
Chapter 7 Rights and freedoms
PART E - THE GLOBALISING WORLD: AN OVERVIEW (DEPTH STUDY 5)
Chapter 8 Popular culture
Chapter 9 The environment movement [obook only chapter]
Chapter 10 Migration experiences
PART F - SCHOOL–DEVELOPED TOPIC: AN OVERVIEW (DEPTH STUDY 6)
Chapter 11 Australia in the Vietnam War era
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 9, Year 10,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.