Part of the series Oxford Atlas for Australian Schools.
Stage two of the Oxford Atlas+ for Australian Schools series provides coverage of the Years 3–4 Science and HASS Australian Curriculum content, and fosters the application of STEM knowledge and skills within and across content areas. In the print atlas, students will discover formal mapping skills and conventional map symbology. Engaging thematic spreads and case studies from around the world enable students to build on existing knowledge.
- teach essential map-reading skills and feature world, continent and country maps
- contain high-interest topics explicitly linked to outcomes in the Science curriculum and the Humanities and Social Sciences curriculum
- use practical, inquiry-based activities and experiments to teach topics and to develop students' critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- are accompanied by a wealth of digital resources that support the Technologies curriculum, including interactives designed to develop authentic design solutions and computational thinking across different subject areas.
The integrated curriculum approach enables authentic learning experiences, while the application of cross-disciplinary and problem-solving skills encourages students to be innovative, creative, learners.
Oxford Atlas+ for Australian Schools:
- introduce, discover and explore essential map-reading skills
- contain world, continent, country and state maps, with case studies to help students explore the world
- provide high-interest topic spreads covering Science, History, Geography, Civics and Citizenship (Years 3-6) and Economics and Business (Years 5-6) content from the Australian Curriculum
- contain updated world facts and statistics.
A suite of Oxford Atlas+ for Australian Schools online teaching resources can be found on Oxford Owl. A Teacher Dashboard is available (sold separately) for each stage of the atlas. Resources include:
- explicit links to specific Australian Curriculum Science, History, Geography, Civics and Citizenship (Years 3-6) and Economics and Business (Years 5-6) content descriptions
- professional support notes with teaching activities, ideas and experiments
- suggested pre-assessment and assessment activities
- videos, mapping skills interactive layered maps, and Digital Technologies interactives for front-of class teaching
- links to a selection of relevant OZBOX cards, with the ability to assign cards to students (Years 3-4 and Years 5-6 only)
- downloadable activity sheets and graphic organisers
- online tracking of student quiz results.
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 3, Year 4,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.