Part of the series Numeracy for Work.
The Numeracy for Work series provides photocopiable work sheets that help reinforce essential skills to do with numbers and basic mathematics. The work sheets are suitable for students in Years 7–10 and will also support less able students in higher year levels. The photocopiable work sheets are also included as a PDF on the attached CD-ROM, making them ideal resources for use on interactive whiteboards.
In this second series (Level 2) of Numeracy for Work we return to the three workplaces – a supermarket, hotel and factory – to set real and relevant numeracy tasks.
The activities in this title include calculating profit, loss, employee wages and GST, processing orders, and measuring floor plans. Students’ knowledge of each workplace and confidence with numbers will grow as they progress through each work sheet. Tasks include:
- Order positive and negative numbers
- Understand the terms multiple, factor and prime number
- Use basic algebra
- Calculate fractions, equivalent fractions, decimals and percentages
- Order, add and subtract fractions
- Convert fractions, decimals and percentages
- Evaluate one number as a fraction or percentage of another
- Calculate using ratio and direct proportion
- Calculate prices, and percentage discounts and increases
- Calculate wages
- Calculate profit and loss
View Sample Pages
- Supplementary classroom lessons
- Homework activities
- Reinforcement of learning
- Extension work for advanced students
- Preparation for assessment
- Exam revision
- Creative teaching ideas
- Developing greater student interest and understanding
- A fresh approach to a topic
- A way to target student weaknesses
- Suitable for individual or group work
- A variety of activities for home study
Other Titles in the 'Numeracy for Work' Series
Entry Level 1
The Entry Level 1 series has been specifically developed to provide tasks that are familiar and accessible to less able students, using real-world settings – a factory, a supermarket and a hotel – to put everyday numeracy skills in context. The activities are of a lower level than those in series 1 and 2, and are ideal for students who require a foundation in basic skills before progressing to higher levels.
View Numeracy for Work - Entry Level 1
The Level 1 series assists students to develop numeracy skills suited to everyday activities and also provides insight into the type of maths used on the factory floor, in a supermarket and in a hotel.
View Numeracy for Work - Level 1
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10,|
|Author(s)||Jayne Garner and Joy Collins|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.