Part of the series Numeracy for Work.
The Numeracy for Work series provides photocopiable work sheets that help reinforce essential skills to do with numbers and basic mathematics. The work sheets are suitable for students in Years 7–10 and will also support less able students in higher year levels. The photocopiable work sheets are also included as a PDF on the attached CD-ROM, making them ideal resources for use on interactive whiteboards.
The Level 1 series assists students to develop numeracy skills suited to everyday activities and also provides insight into the type of maths used on the factory floor, in a supermarket and in a hotel.
Measurement, Shape and Space
Students will practise estimating time, using scales and measuring lengths, volumes and perimeters as they read thermometers, calculate remaining stock and check pay slips. Tasks include:
- Reading time and date formats
- Calculating times to check pay slips
- Checking deductions on pay slips
- Estimating and measuring length
- Reading scales
- Reading temperature and equipment thermometers
- Measuring perimeter and volume
- Working out area of triangles and measuring angles
- Finding lines of symmetry
- Calculating costs of goods and services
View Sample Pages
- Supplementary classroom lessons
- Homework activities
- Reinforcement of learning
- Extension work for advanced students
- Preparation for assessment
- Exam revision
- Creative teaching ideas
- Developing greater student interest and understanding
- A fresh approach to a topic
- A way to target student weaknesses
- Suitable for individual or group work
- A variety of activities for home study
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10,|
|Author(s)||Jayne Garner and Joy Collins|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.