Nelson English for QCE - Units 3 & 4: Student Book provides a thorough grounding in effectively reading texts, perspectives, characterisation, aesthetic features and stylistic devices and is written for the new QCAA Senior English syllabus.
Following on from Nelson English for QCE - Units 1 & 2, the text provides opportunities for students to engage with and respond to a variety of classical and contemporary literary and non-literary texts. Regular activities for students allow them to explore three interrelated areas including: texts in context, language and textual analysis and responding to and creating texts.
- Questions follow Marzano and Kendall's new taxonomy of educational objectives, on which the syllabus objectives are based.
- Understanding genre
- Preparing for exams
- Burial Rites
- Cats Eye
- Jane Eyre
- Nineteen Eighty-Four
- Pride and Prejudice
- Talking to My Country
- The Boat
- The Great Gatsby
- The White Earth
- We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves
- The 7 Stages of Grieving
- Blade Runner
- Hidden Figures
- We Don’t Need a Map
- Representations of women in poetry
- Representations of identity in poetry
- Representations of the environment in poetry
- In-depth study: Mabo
- In-depth study: Four Corners
- Internal Assessment 1 (IA1): Preparing a written response for a public audience
- Internal Assessment 2 (IA2): Preparing a persuasive spoken response
- In-depth study: Sherlock
- In-depth study: The Road Not Taken
- Internal Assessment 3 (IA3): Examination – imaginative written response
- External Assessment (EA): Examination - preparing an analytical written response
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 12,|
|Author(s)||Elli Housden, Grace Loyden, & Virginia Ayliffe|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.