The Macquarie Primary Dictionary has been fully revised for this new edition, using research undertaken for its parent, the respected Macquarie Dictionary, Australia’s own record of our language. As a primary dictionary, it is designed specifically to develop and consolidate the language acquisition of upper primary students.
Key features of the Macquarie Primary Dictionary include:
- more than 12 400 colour headwords with definitions in clear, natural language
- new words such as cyber safety, hashtag and welcome to country
- sample phrases and sentences to show words in context
- a simple re-spelling pronunciation guide
- Other words — synonyms within dictionary entries, particularly for overused words
- Word building, Word use and Word history entries, including Indigenous language origins
- shaded colour panels within the body of the dictionary for advice on punctuation and words often confused
- appendixes including grammar and spelling rules, Australia’s Prime Ministers, floral and faunal emblems, and other useful information.
The Macquarie Primary Dictionary is not just another dictionary. It is an essential reference tool in the Australian primary classroom. Its regular use will encourage young readers and writers to use, explore and enjoy the richness of our language.
Macquarie Primary Dictionary — the Australian dictionary designed for Australian primary students to use within the new Australian curriculum
|Product Type||Student Books,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.