The new edition of Human Perspectives ATAR Units 3 & 4 has been extensively updated to address all aspects of the SCSA Human Biology ATAR course with the required depth and rigour. The content has also been updated to reflect current scientific methodology, research and knowledge. Unit 4 has been rewritten to ensure complete and concise coverage of all syllabus content. The series maintains all the features that teachers and students’ value, including syllabus links at the beginning of each chapter, a variety of question types and practical activities. The content is highly illustrated with annotated diagrams, photographs and electron micrograph images that are designed to engage students and to encourage scientific thinking, investigation and problem solving.
- 1 Investigating human biology
- 2 Hormones help control the body
- 3 The nervous system is highly organised
- 4 Working together to control the body
- 5 Homeostasis controls the temperature and blood glucose
- 6 Homeostasis controls the fluid and gas levels in the body
- 7 Pathogens cause infection
- 8 The body can protect itself from infection
- 9 Technology is used to treat diseases
- 10 Mutations cause changes to DNA
- 11 The gene pool reflects the alleles of the population
- 12 Natural selection leads to changes in populations
- 13 Biotechnology provides evidence of evolution
- 14 There is a range of evidence of evolution
- 15 Humans can be compared and contrasted with primates
- 16 Fossils have provided evidence for the evolution of hominids
- 17 The use of tools has changed with evolution
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 12,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.